Suggested Reading List
Adding an ex-racing Greyhound to your family is an important decision- one that is worth researching ahead of time to make sure a Greyhound is the right dog for you and your lifestyle. We have provided a list of books we feel would be worth reading as you make that decision. These books are available locally at most major bookstores. They are also available at Amazon.com, among other on-line bookstores.
- Greyhounds: Everything About Purchase, Care, Nutrition, Behavior and Training (Complete Owner's Manual) by D. Caroline Coile (paperback)
- Guide to Adopting an Ex-Racing Greyhound by Caroline Raeke (paperback)
- Adopting the Racing Greyhound by Cynthia Branigan (paperback)
- get the third edition - it's the latest one
- Childproofing Your Dog by Brian Kilcommons, Sarah Wilson (paperback)
- This book is not specifically about Greyhounds, but is an important book to read if you have children, grandchildren, or you plan to have children in the future. It can help you find ways to let your dog know where it fits in your "family pack".
- Living With a Greyhound edited by Cynthia Branigan (hardcover, Barrons' Educational Series.)
- Retired Racing Greyhounds for Dummies by Lee Livingood (paperback)
- NOTE: if you adopt from our group, this book is included in your adoption packet